Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Hudson!

My words can't accurately describe the wonder and the gift that God gave us through Hudson - every time I think about the blessing I received in Him, I just cry. So, until our wild and crazy birthday party tomorrow, here is a little snapshot of the amazing year that we have had and the utter JOY it has been for the Lord to give us the opportunity to parent this beautiful boy.

Four days before his birth:


August 24th, 2006 - "I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the people." Ps. 77:12-14


1 month old




2 months old


3 months old - "Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord." Habakkuk 3:2


4 months old


5 months old


6 months old - "For you are a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for HImself, a special treasure above all the people on the face of the earth." Deut. 7:6


7 months



8 months


9 months - "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things.. " Psalm 103:1-5


10 months


11 months


12 months - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jer. 29:11





"For this child I prayed and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him. Therefore, I also have lent him to the Lord; as long as he lives he shall be lent to the Lord." 1 Sam. 1:27-29

10 comments:

jamie b said...

I can't wait to see Hudson with cake all over his face! :) I know you can't either!

jamie b said...

What a sweet sweet post about your beautiful son! I love the scriptures chosen also! Made me tear up too! :)

beth ewing said...

happy birthday hudson. we've never met you but we feel like we know you. hehe! hope you have fun at your party.

great post. just a wonderful reminder of the blessing that all our children are.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad that we will miss the party! Your post makes me so excited about starting over with Claire though. It's hard to imagine loving another child like we love Cameron. Hope we can get together soon! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUDSON!!

Bella Sera said...

Happy Birthday Hudson!! i love pictures because you can actually see him grow!!! Look what great things God has done.

SP said...

I love you! You, too, Steph. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Hudson, I look forward to seeing you guys soon! Kathy

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUDSON!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, Hudson! Such a sweet look back at your first year together!

Suzanne said...

Happy (late) Birthday, Hudson! I hate that we couldn't make it to the party, but I can't wait to see pictures! And congrats to Mommy and Daddy for a full year of parenthood! Y'all are doing an amazing job!