Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Confession Time

Ok, I have a confession to make.  I am a stacker and a hider.  I like to have a clean house.  So, in order to have a clean house, sometimes I will stack papers and other items and put them(hide them) places.  If they don't have a place, I will quickly make one.  The consequence to this bad habit is that I don't always remember where the new places are, which, you can ask my family or friends even dating back to high school, is not uncommon... my memory is not very good. It's even worse when I am pregnant, because I think the baby gets the rest of the memory I have.  
*I am sure Colin would love to talk more with you about my problem if you are interested- he can't stand the fact that he has to look through drawers and baskets quite regularly for "hiding" items - but on a positive note, he rarely keeps important things laying out anymore!*
The reason I am telling you this is because I have SO many wonderful pictures to post.  I have been motivated to blog and start keeping up with it more for quite some time.  But, it's kind of hard to post pictures when you can't find your cord to hook the camera up to the computer!  
Thankfully, I found the cord today!!  So, I have new pictures and memories to share with you.  They will not be in chronological order, which usually drives me crazy, because I have some exciting news to share with you that just happened....  So keep checking my blog, I hope to have lots of new updates!!
If you are in confession mode, I would love to hear from you  - do any of you have organizational problems as well?

5 comments:

jamie b said...

Yes, my organizational problems are that I am not an organizer! I'm with you on stacking things! You should see our guest room closet. hehe Glad I'm not the only one!

Go Hudson on the big boy bed!

Jon and Melissa said...

I am rt. there w/ you Steph. I love organization and feel like everything has a place but then there is my desk. WOW. Scary.

Krista said...

Well...I'm funny. When I worked full time, my desk at work was crazy organized, everything had its place. Home was another story, guess I just didn't have the time to do it & it was atrocious! But now that I'm at home & have had some time I think I'm pretty organized. One thing that has made a difference for me at home with papers & stuff is I try to only touch the paper one time. If I get the mail I open it then, toss the envelope & put it where it needs to go. I do have a filer on my desk for stuff that needs to be filed away later but at least it's only 1 pile. So I'm making some progress! :)

Anonymous said...

I am JUST like you! Steve gets so annoyed when I clean house, because afterwards he can't ever find any of his stuff!! But I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this habit!

Trish P. said...

I'm notorious for putting items in my favorite organizing bin...the garbage ! I mean if it sits out too long and I'm tired of seeing it, it goes in the trash. I can't handle clutter and like things in their place. John too could give you many stories but fortunately he has also learned and puts things away now!