Tuesday, July 8, 2008

They grow up so fast..

I have some exciting news!  Hudson is sleeping in a big boy bed!  YEA!!  I was so concerned about how he would handle this.  His first official night in his new bed, it took about 1 1/2 hrs. to get him tired enough and feel safe enough to fall asleep. But, he slept all night long! I wish I could say the same for me. I didn't get much sleep at all.  I kept waiting for the "boom" as he hit the floor or the cries out in terror as he woke up not knowing where he was.  
To my surprise, he has adjusted SO well!  We are only on day three, but so far, nap times and night times have been successful.  Praise the Lord!  We DO have a little one who loves his sleep, so I am sure that contributes to his success.  But, more importantly, the Lord answers prayers - even ones about big boy beds!
He seems to be a little bit more clingy to his "pa-ee's" now, though. We keep them in his bed and he has a lot more access to them!  Well, one step at a time, right?  I am just thrilled that we are getting through one of the million transitions  he will have growing up!  



The morning after his first night in the big bed


Night 2

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

He looks so big now. WOW. It brings back memories when Easton got his big boy bed. They look so big and proud when they are sitting in bed. So cute!!!

SP said...

Yay!!! So proud of him!