Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fall/ Hiking in the Smokeys

Fall is certainly my favorite time of year. The leaves are GORGEOUS up here in the hills of Tennessee, they are full of colors that I never saw growing up in South Georgia. The deep reds, maroons, yellows, oranges... wow. The weather is pleasant - not too cold, not too hot. The smells - pumpkin, cinnamon... I just love the serenity and peace that comes over me during this time of year. It is a small gift from God - to see His beauty in nature. And, on that note...
We went hiking a couple of weeks ago near Gatlinburg. It was very pretty, and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The leaves are still changing colors now, so they weren't in full color on our trip, but it was still beautiful. Hudson loves being out in the "wilderness" of the woods - and he did pretty well for most of the hike! We got a few pictures by the waterfall that we stopped and turned around at - unfortunately , we didn't get half as many pictures as we would have liked, because our camera died on us as we were getting someone to take a family picture of us :( Boo hoo! Oh well... just another excuse to get up there again soon!




4 comments:

beth ewing said...

i miss fall. that is about the only season i miss from the south but i do miss fall.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! where was that? we went for a hike recently, but a waterfall at the end would be nice! :) happy thanksgiving!

Bella Sera said...

I agree, this time of year is awesome with the colors!!! I 2nd megan's question, where were you?

Stephanie said...

I'll have to get the facts from Colin - we were somewhere in the Smokeys, right near Gatlinburg :)