Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lawn Care


Just wanted to share some exciting news - I mowed the lawn today! All by myself!! :) We are having playgroup here tomorrow morning, and the poor kids would have been walking through the prairie in my backyard if I had not mowed. It was pretty fun to do something I have never (I mean, NEVER) done before! I have a few thoughts about mowing:


- on a cool, October day - not too bad

- it's a little like vacuuming, just with a sharp blade - I always try to make the vacuum marks in the carpet to make everything look cleaner - I will have to work on my mowing marks - they are a little crooked

- it's a good outlet, seriously

- and good exercise - especially if you have a hilly backyard!

- I think I would trade it ANY day to cleaning the bathroom. (Or washing clothes, for that matter)

- I think I need to venture out a little more if mowing is this exciting to me.

- It's a good way to meet neighbors - I had to ask one for help (I had never met him before, but he was cleaning his mower, so I figured he would be willing to help). I didn't know how to crank it up!
- The best part was seeing my freshly mowed back yard lookin' so nice :)

- The worst part is shoveling the dog poop beforehand. Could definitely do without that.


thanks for sharing in my excitement :)

5 comments:

momofcyclones said...

Cool picture! Is that really your lawnmower? Great job getting the lawn mowed....you can mow ours anytime you feel your cardio workout isn't enough!

Jen

Anonymous said...

cool steph!! i bought my first lawn mower this year and guess what... its electric! just like my dad's was- ha ha
Kathy
I am impressed with two blogs in one week :)

Jon and Melissa said...

cool. Steph. I used to my my yard when I was in high School. That is how I worked on my tan...ha.

Suzanne said...

I hear ya, girl! I love mowing our yard! In fact, I don't think I've given Brian the opportunity to do it in several months - I'm a mower hog. :) And I like it for all the reasons you mentioned. I love the instant gratification of it. You can immediately look behind you and see where you've been, and when you're done, you have a nicely trimmed yard to admire and be proud of! Glad you've discovered the joys of lawn care. :)

beth ewing said...

riding mowers are the best. i used to do that at our house starting at like age 13. it was so fun b/c i couldn't drive yet but i could drive the mower. glad you like. i'm sure your hubby enjoys the break from mowing.